Sunday, January 25, 2015

Trade and Grade Blog HopI



My trade & grade partner was Jeanette from Third Grade Galore.
Third Grade Galore

She sent me a fantastic product for word work.
click for full product

This product had A LOT of different activities with it. Due to the time frame I had to use the product, I only did 2 of them, but plan to use more of them in the future.

The first thing I used was the smaller version on the ABC order. There are 36 cards that can be used for a full class lesson or small group. However, I chose to use the smaller version in my centers. One of my centers is ABC order. The students practice this skill every week because it's usually tested pretty heavily on the ISTEP for 3rd grade.  So this week I took the 4 students cards (2 each of the same kind.) I laminated them and put them along with the blank answer keys for my students in my station.  You could just copy a set for each student & have them cut & paste if you'd prefer to do that.



I had my students use a dry erase marker to mark off the words once they'd used them since I had laminated the lists.



The second thing from the pack I did was a full class activity that had students sorting words as to whether they were a noun, verb, and adjective.  I printed & laminated all 36 cards that came with the packet. Then I printed the large answer sheet with boxes.  

My students had not yet learned about adjectives yet, but had learned about verbs & nouns. Therefore I showed them a Brainpop Jr Video on adjectives.  Then I laid the cards on each of the desks and around the room on tables.  We kind of did a combination or "Roam the Room" and "Scoot".  I played music & allowed the students to go at their own pace as they scooted around the room to fill in their sheets.  When they were finished I collected the cards & went over the answers as a full class using my document camera. 



There  are many other activities that could have been done with this packet. The words could have been used as a whole class game of Scoot by singular or plural nouns, answer sheets were provided. The singular and plural nouns could also have been a station or individual work.  There were also several pages of sentence writing as well as a candy scavenger hunt.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with this packet!  Check out the sample freebie below.


After you've checked out Jeanette's Freebie & full product, be sure to head over to Third Grade Galore to see how Jeanette used my Missing Numbers in Multiplication game. 






No comments:

Post a Comment