Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It July 21st


Monday Made It

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for the Monday Made It. Be sure to head over & see what other teachers have done!





I purchased a flip flop holder from Bed Bath & Beyond. Then I made a simple sign to attach to the top. (I don't have a home laminator & we're not allowed in our building to work until 4 days before school starts, so it's not completely finished yet.)


 
I spray painted a rolling storage chest for my husband's classroom. He's moving schools & grades this year. The storage bins were given to me by a friend, but were a baby blue color, so I updated it for him.




 
I also made an alphabet to display in his classroom. I teach 3rd grade & he's going to be teaching 2nd, so I only had to change the background of the alphabet I had made for my classroom to fit his color scheme. I put it in my TPT store on sale for $1.00 right now! (I also made him a clip chart & nametags that match this theme. They're in my store too.)
Red, grey, white glitter chevron manuscript print and curs
Click on Picture

 
I made some adorable monster themed editable nametags/ deskplates for my TPT store. They're on sale for $1.00 right now. 

Editable Monster Rainbow Chevron Name Plates/ Desk Plates/
Click on Picture

 
The final thing I made is on this blog. I didn't actually "make" anything, but I'm proud of myself anyway. I figured out how to get a side Facebook bar, a hovering Pinterest symbol over pictures, and a pop up Facebook like box. This was a big accomplishment for me. Now, the only I need to figure out how to do it to add some new fonts to my blog. The default font is too small no matter what I do to try to make it bigger & I'm not a fan of the other fonts that are on Blogger. So, that's my challenge for this week. :) 

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you were able to make all of those updates to your blog. Did you just search tutorials? As for new fonts, I just type my posts in Powerpoint or Word and the font and size and choose transfers over to my blog when it's published.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried to type a blog post in another thing & transfer. I just learned something new. I didn't even know that was a possibility. I know there is a way to add new fonts to my blog, I just have to look. I have just searched online for all of the updates. I've found a website each time that gave a code or specific instructions. So far it's all worked.

      Delete
  2. Great post! I also purchased the flip flop holder to display my task cards. Is your cute task card sign available for purchase?

    Thanks,
    Kim
    khenry22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me the email you'd like me to use & I'll send it to you. I just made it for myself, but I'd be happy to send it to you. :)

      Delete