Saturday, July 26, 2014

Monday Made It July 28th

 

Monday Made It

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for the Monday Made it & the Primary Gal for the Blogger Boot Camp.

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/
This hasn't been a very productive week for me. I haven't felt the best & have had some upsetting health news, so I haven't accomplished a bunch. That being said, I was still able to get a few things done.
The first thing I did was work on my husband's bulletin boards. He's moving schools & grade levels so he needed a lot of help. I created a cute back to school bulletin board outside of his room. I used the laser die cut machine to cut out football helmets on white construction paper. During the first week he's going to have students decorate and color the helmet with things about themselves. I think it will be really cute. I'll have him take a picture of it when it's all finished.

The second thing I made was a cute neon alphabet. A friend of mine is using neon colors in her classroom this year so I created this. It also matches the adorable monster nametags I made last week. It will be on sale for $1.00 on Monday.
Neon Bright multicolor rainbow dots stripes manuscript pri
Click on the picture for the alphabet.
 I made a cute sign for my homework club display. I have a cookie sheet that I have spray painted blue & have a pretty ribbon. (I don't have a picture of it yet because I'm not allowed back in my classroom yet.) Last year I used these adorable magnets I made out of glitter & gems. However, the problem I had was that the students were wiping off the numbers on the magnets. The magnets were also heavy & if they fell off they might break. So, I decided to use a smaller version of the numbers that I use for my lunch choices. Homework club was a huge success in my classroom last year. I don't actually assign busy work homework. I do however have students read their AR books 20 minutes each night & take required AR tests each week. Students must take at least 1 AR test & if they don't that counts as a missing homework assignment. At the end of each month any student who still has their number in the club get to have a VIP lunch in the room. I let them bring a drink of their choice & eat lunch in the room.

 
The next thing is something that is very helpful in my classroom. In the past I have used generic ones that I found in back to school books etc. I finally decided to create one that had the questions I really wanted to know to help me get to know my students better.  I send this parent survey home at Open House. It's free on my TPT store!
Back To School Parent Information Survey


I actually made this before school ended because I knew we would not be able to get into our classrooms until days before school started. I got the idea HERE.  My classroom colors are lime, aqua, with pink accents. So I decided the use those colors in paint chips for a free border.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your board of inspirational words and the paint chip border idea! GENIUS! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! I love your cursive alphabet! I so need to update mine. Off to your tpt store : )
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paint chip bulletin board! I used the exact same "BE" bulletin board last year, and this year I put the words on the front of my desk! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete