Saturday, July 12, 2014

Priorites & Spelling Centers

It seems that at the beginning of every summer I have all of these grand plans of the things I'm going to do.   I had so many plans for this summer & in reality, I've accomplished few of them. My closets are still unorganized & when I see the dust bunny roll like a tumbleweed across my living room floor I think...I'll clean the floor first thing tomorrow morning. But....morning comes & I find I don't care so much about the dust bunny.  I wanted to redo my reading plans so they'd be ready to go for the year, but my flash drive is still sitting on the computer desk as a daily reminder that it's not done.
Having my thyroid removed this year due to thyroid cancer has caused me to change a lot of my priorities. Some days getting through the day without wanting to take a nap is the only accomplishment I have, and I'm ok with that. I've come to realize that the things I worried and stressed about before really weren't all that important in the scheme of things.
I did decide this weekend with only 3 weeks left of summer, that I must at least finish the spelling centers for my classroom that I had planned to do in May. So I made myself sit still & finish Units 1-4. Yeah me!
 Only 2 units left. :) To celebrate I've put each unit on sale for $1.00.
 Unit 1 Reading Street 2013 3rd Grade Common Core Roll, Rea
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lamans-Terms

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment