Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made It

Monday Made It August 11th

What a week! We started back to school on August 1st and students returned on August 5th. This week I've had 2 open houses, mine & my daughter's at the middle school. I've a had a first week back without air conditioning for 2 days. Then the rest of the week is "worked" but my room team was easily in the 80's all week. Ugh. It was so bad that the last 2 days I just went to work with my hair wet because I decided styling it was a waste of time since it was plastered to my face by 11:00 anyway. haha. It's sad, but once schools starts I'm just ready for fall weather. I HATE being hot when I'm wearing dress clothes & trying to do my job. It seems like it's always like this. I have to think that if administration had offices as hot as our classrooms things might change. :) So this week I didn't get a lot accomplished on the "Made It" front.

I hot glued pom poms onto my dry erase markers. I've seen this all over Pinterest & decided to give it a try. They look really cute! We'll see if they last all year. 
I made a Clip Hall of Fame frame. This year I'm going to give my students little sticker gems to put on their clips when they make it to "outstanding". When they get 5 I'm going to let them "retire" their clips to the hall of fame. I like blingy things, so I hot glued sequined ribbon on the edge of the frame & used glitter ribbon to make the string down the bottom. I got the idea HERE. 


I repainted my homework club pizza pan. I then made new numbers & a new sign for it. I think it turned out cute. I'd really like a better ribbon for the top, but haven't found one I like & am to lazy to make one right now.

The final thing I have is a morning work display I made for my husband's classroom. It'd editable and it's FREE for today ONLY. If you download it PLEASE leave a rating & feedback. Thanks.
Click on the picture to be taken to my store for the freebie.
Click on the picture to be taken to my store for the freebie.
 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying something very similar with my clip chart this year - love it!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the hall of fame idea - I need to think about how I can make something like this work in my room! I tried the pom poms once - I think it's a great idea. For those who take care of their things they lasted ages...for those who do not, they were off and lost in minutes! Good luck with yours and keep us updated!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete