Friday, October 3, 2014

October Currently

October Currently!


I can't believe it's October already! Wow!  I'm linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade for the October linky.

I'm so excited that it's almost fall break. I just need to be able to survive parent conferences next week. They are so exhausting! I love getting to meet everyone & sit down to talk, but by the end of the week, I have no voice left. It's really hard to teach a full week & then have conferences for 4 hours two nights in a row. I've scheduled parents 2 other days as well, so I really have 4 days of conferences.  Last year I was on leave for having thyroid surgery during conferences. That allowed me to actually get to attend my daughter's conferences at the middle school. Wow! What an eye opener. On the 2nd full night of conferences I was still often only the 6th or 7th parent they had seen total for both days. There's definitely a big difference between elementary & secondary. 

I have a torn tendon in my foot due to a student tripping me last spring. It hurts constantly & I have to wear a brace each day. I've had to stop taking my daily walks & am really depressed about it. I'm getting an MRI in a few weeks since it hasn't improved, but am not real hopeful.

I can't wait to get to Panama City! I haven't packed a thing though. I'm thinking that's my weekend plans.

For my TREAT I've shared my fall themed editable morning work display.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am also getting ready for conferences. As a small group teacher I have to bounce around from place to place to meet my parents with their classroom teachers. I hope you get good news about your foot!
    Thanks for sharing
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the MRI will tell you more about what is going on with your foot! Packing for a trip is always the "not fun part," but at least once you are packed you are that much closer to vacation! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete